940423 Plant cell technology (in Eng.)
Diese Seite ist erreichbar unter:
- Vorlesung und Übung
- Vortragende/r (Mitwirkende/r)
- Stöger, Eva , Sack, Markus
- Angeboten im Semester
- Wintersemester 2022/23
- Unterrichts-/ Lehrsprachen
The course teaches methods for (re)-programming plant cells by applying gene delivery and DNA-free ribonucleoprotein-based high-precision genome editing (GE) to leaf-tissue and plant suspension cells. The latter includes working with 3D plant tissue culture, the plant cell-pack method (PCP).
Students will apply these methods to rapidly produce recombinant proteins and mutate endogenous plant genes.
The course will highlight biodiversity (various plant-based systems) in the context of modern plant biotechnology by discussing various production hosts, processes and products.
Aspects of synthetic biology, metabolic engineering and pharmaceutical protein development will be directly related to experimental hands-on experience.
The potential of plant-based systems will be presented and opportunities and challenges of gene delivery methods, 3D plant tissue culture, fermentation and genome editing will be discussed.
- Inhaltliche Voraussetzungen (erwartete Kenntnisse)
Basic knowledge of cell biology and biotechnology. PhD level.
The Course Participants will:
- understand the theoretical background of using plant-based production systems for the production of proteins and metabolites.
- understand the theoretical background for programming plant cells through gene delivery and DNA-free genome editing via proteinaceous mutagens
- acquire technical skills to apply modern methods of plant biotechnology in the laboratory
- obtain insight into the enormous potential and huge diversity of transformative technologies
- know the principles of plant cell fermentation
- become familiar with the handling of plant cell packs at different scales
Noch mehr Informationen zur Lehrveranstaltung, wie Termine oder Informationen zu Prüfungen, usw. finden Sie auf der Lehrveranstaltungsseite in BOKUonline.