934307 Transformative development (in Eng.)
Diese Seite ist erreichbar unter:
- Vorlesung und Seminar
- Vortragende/r (Mitwirkende/r)
- Lemke, Stefanie , Plank, Christina , Melcher, Andreas , Stadlmayr, Barbara , Wurzinger, Maria , Probst, Lorenz
- Angeboten im Semester
- Wintersemester 2023/24
- Unterrichts-/ Lehrsprachen
"Transformative development" looks at concepts and practical efforts for development with a focus on natural resource management.
Usually, we understand development as a process towards a positive future. The idea of development has been very powerful over the past 50 years.
Today, our understanding of how development happens and how we could accelerate it, are in a crisis - but natural resource degradation, the climate crisis and economic inequalities are urgent challenges that we need to address. So: “Should we intervene? How should we intervene? What are the consequences of intervention?”.
In ‘Transformative development’, we identify main actors in development from the 1960s till today. By analyzing writings and actions of these actors, we can summarize dominant ideas and actions in development. This will enable us to recognize patterns of interaction and understand the crisis of development today. Together, we will debate on future options to address global development challenges.
- Inhaltliche Voraussetzungen (erwartete Kenntnisse)
Commitment to work in teams!
• Identify the main actors and their roles in international development.
• Summarize development ideas and practice from the 1960s to the 2010s.
• Apply ideas on development to specific project cases.
• Recognize patterns of interaction in development cooperation.
• Understand the crisis of development today.
• Debate on future strategies and necessary mind-sets to address global development challenges.
Noch mehr Informationen zur Lehrveranstaltung, wie Termine oder Informationen zu Prüfungen, usw. finden Sie auf der Lehrveranstaltungsseite in BOKUonline.