The core facility ALICE offers comprehensive services in the fields of cellulose, lignin and extractables analysis.
These services are based on established, robust and comprehensively validated analytical methods. In some cases, however, special investigations, extensive method development and comprehensive test series are required. This includes, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Chromophore analysis in cellulosic materials
- Examination and optimization of pulping processes and bleaching sequences
- Structure-property-application relationships for specific applications of technical lignins
- Ageing studies of lignocellulosic materials
- Damage assessment, conservation and restoration of historic cellulosic materials
- Special aspects of the chemistry of cellulose fibers, textiles and papers
- Cellulosic and lignocellulosic nano-structured materials
- Chemical synthesis isotopically labeled compound and lignocellulosic model compounds
Professional consulting, special training units and advanced training seminars are offered for several topics in the fields of wood, pulp and fiber chemistry as well as chemistry and analysis of lignocellulose and biomaterials.
For further information, please contact the ALICE core facility or the associated Institute for Chemistry of Renewable Resources: https://boku.ac.at/chemie/wpf.