Our hotline serves as contact point for IT questions that could not be answered by the IT managers of your organizational unit. We will make an effort to answer your questions immediately or forward them directly to our experts.
You can reach us by e-mail or telephone:
- during vacations: Mon to Thu: 8:00 to 16:00, Fri: 8:00 to 15:00.
- during the semester: Mon to Fri 8:00 to 16:30.
- When you contact us via email, you will immediately receive a confirmation email including a ticket number from our ticket-system. In your own interest, please leave this ticket number in the subject line for all further inquiries so as to speed up the response times.
- Which operating system in which version do you use? (For example, Windows 10 21H2, Windows 11 22H2, macOS 13.1, .... )
- If the problems occur in an internet application: which browser in which version do you use? (For example, Edge, Firefox, Chrome, ... )
- Telling us that "it does not work" is not very clear and helpful. Letting us know what you were expecting and what you ended up viewing instead, helps us better understand the purpose of your request and finding a solution.
- If you receive an error message: what is the exact wording? (You might also wish to submit a screenshot)
Please help us by always providing the following information:
- We strive to help you in case of technical problems. However, we cannot register or deregister you from courses or exams. Your respective institute is solely responsible for this matter.
- If you do not use your BOKU email address to get in touch with us, please also provide your matriculation number. Otherwise we might encounter problems identifying your email address. If you have questions related to a particular university course, please also provide the course number.