Master thesis options | plant breeding
.... in the the BOKU thesis database!
We offer master thesis connected to our current research projects Master thesis topics are available in the areas: plant breeding, plant-pathogen-interaction, genetics of disease resistance, plant-biotechnology, and related fields. Thesis topics could be of interest to students in agricultural science (e.g. plant sciences, agricultural biology, phytomedicine) and biotechnology (plant biotechnology).
Do you have a passion for plants? Do you like working outdoors? Then contact us: we continuously have topics in plant breeding for master thesis available.
- Evaluation of experimental populations (bread wheat, durum wheat) for resistance to Fusarium head blight in field trials.
- Validation of candidate disease resistance genes in a TILLING population of wheat.
- Genomic Prediction of performance, quality and resistance traits in winter wheat.
- Genetic analysis and breeding for common bunt (Tilletia caries) resistance in winter wheat for organic farming.
Please contact one of the workgroup leaders:
- Prof. Hermann Bürstmayr (01 47654 97102)
- Prof. Marc Lemmens (01 47654 97158)
- Dr. Barbara Steiner (01 47654 97105)
- Dr. Sebastian Michel (01 47654 97105)