Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS)
The Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS) is a network of leading universities cooperating in the fields of Natural Resource Management, Agricultural and Forestry Sciences, Life Sciences, Veterinary Sciences, Food Sciences, and Environmental Sciences.
Through this network, BOKU realizes many international (educational) projects, like international masterprogrammes, summer schools, scientific student conferences...
The member universities are:
- Faculty of Science (Science), University of Copenhagen
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU)
- Czech University of Life Sciences Prague (CULS)
- University of Hohenheim (UHOH)
- Warsaw University of Life Sciences (WULS-SGGW)
- Wageningen University and Research Centre (WUR)
- University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna (BOKU)
ELLS Events & Announcements at BOKU
- ELLS Scientific School Conference
New deadline for abstracts: 30.6.2019
BOKU warmly invites all students to present their BSC or MSC theses or other projects at the student conference of the Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS) ‘Managing Broad Environmental Interests in a Sustainable World'.
Where: Uppsala, SLU, Sweden
When: 15.11.2019 – 16.11.2019
Travel grants are available for selected abstracts.
Further Information and abstract submission: student.slu.se/ells2019scc
- We warmly invite you to the Presentations of English and International Master Programmes as well as the Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS) at BOKU during our International Days!
Study fields Agricultural Sciences, Viticulture and Oenology, Forestry, Wood and Fibre Technology, ELLS Scientific Student Conference and Summer Schools:
When: 14th May 2019, 16:15-17:15
Where Schwackhöferhaus, SR 06
Study fields Civil Engineering and Water Management, Environment and Bio-Resources Management, and Food Science and Biotechnology, as well as ELLS Scientific Student Conference and Summer Schools:
When: 15th May 2019, from 17:30
Where: Muthgasse III, SR 13
- We warmly invite all BOKU students to attend one of the Summer Schools der Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS).
BOKU supports BOKU participants with a travel grant: Call + Application Form 2019
- Spend a different evening - join the ELLS feeling event!
27th March, 17:30, TÜWI building, ÖH Lounge (2nd floor) Peter-Jordan-Straße 76, 1190 Vienna
- all BOKU students and staff members who are interested in ELLS and its programmes
- students and alumni of the ELLS master programmes and summer schools
- students of the ELLS universities (University of Copenhagen (UCPH), Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU), Czech University of Life Sciences Prague (CULS), University of Hohenheim (UHOH), Warsaw University of Life Sciences (WULS-SGGW), Wageningen University and Research Centre (WUR)
- meet and get to know ELLS students, ELLS representatives and themembers of the ELLS students association ELSA
- get informed about the programmes of the Euroleague for Life Sciences (Summer Schools, internat. Masterprogramme, Scientific Student Conference, joint teaching opportunities...)
- From European food banks to the volcanic soils of the Galápagos National Park
BOKU students win prizes for best oral and poster presentations at the Scientific Student Conference of the Euroleague for Life Sciences in Wageningen (NL).
Networking across disciplines and borders
37 BOKU students and 14 teachers and staff members joined the ELLS General Assembly & Forum respectively the international student conference of the Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS): "Life sciences: looking across disciplines” from 8th to 10th November.
Our warmest congratulations go to the BOKU Enveuro students Santeri Lehtonen who won the prize for the best oral presentation in the subtheme "Human & Nature" and to Greta Schmidt who won the 1st prize for the best poster!
The posters of the BOKU students will be presented as part of the International Days in the Aula of Schwackhöferhaus: 26.-28.11.2018
This year's conference was held at Wageningen University, Netherlands. We invite you to save the date for next year's ELLS Scientific Student Conference already at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences in Uppsala from 15th-16th November, 2019 (abstract submission: May & June 2019).
- ELLS Case Study Competition
This year's Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS) Case Study Competition on the topic 'Transition Towns - Urban Food Production and Rapid Urban Development' was a great success!
The competition gives young scientists the opportunity to put their study-related knowledge and skills into practice in real-life situations. In international teams they worked together to work out future scenarios and gave a presentation at the ELLS Scientific Student Conference in Wageningen. We congratulate the winning team who won a prize of €1000!
- Would you like to write your master thesis at another ELLS university?
Please check out the new information on the ELLS website: 'Master thesis abroad'!