BOKU is served by the ASZ (occupational medicine and safety center).
Dr. Alexandra Joachimsthaler is an occupational physician for BOKU and offers personal consultation hours at the location Türkenschanze.
Dr. Dejan Popovic has been an occupational physician for BOKU since January 2022 and offers personal consultation hours at the Muthgasse and Tulln sites.
Occupational medicine outreach primarily takes place during office hours!
You can reach our occupational physicians by e-mail.
Please make an appointment by e-mail to avoid waiting times!
Vacation days: -
Consultation hours: always Tuesdays from 09:00 - 12:00 am with Dr. Joachimsthaler.
Location: Schwackhöferhaus in the first aid room, basement
01/47654 - 10498
Consultation hours: always Thursdays 10:00 - 13:00 am (except third Thursday of the month) with Dr. Popovic.
Place: Muthgasse 1 in the former porter's lodge, ground floor
01/47654 - 10499
Consultation hours: every third Thursday of the month from 09:00 - 12:00 am with Dr. Popovic.
Place: Tulln UFT in the first-aid room, ground floor
Occupational health care
Occupational health care includes the following topics:
- Tips for avoiding accidents at work and protecting against occupational and work-related illnesses
- Investigations when working with hazardous materials and equipment
- Adjustment of the computer workstation, help with visual disturbances, ergonomic advice
- Inspections of the workplaces, especially for new appointments, changes and as required
- Maternity Protection Evaluation and pregnancy notification.
- Implementation of protective vaccinations (e.g. ticks, flu, job-related vaccinations, travel vaccinations)
- Advice on reintegration part-time work (WIETZ)
All employees can download the health report of the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna here after logging in.