For detailed information, please download the conference folder.
Topics of the conference cover any topics related to the applications of information technologies in geotechnical engineering, geo-environmental engineering, or engineering geology. These include, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Sensors and sensing technologies for geotechnical or geological applications
- New geotechnical instrumentations, data collection and transmission technologies
- 3D geological modeling
- Application of Artificial intelligence (AI) or machine learning in geotechnical engineering
- Use of Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) in laboratory and field works
- Digitalisation for site investigation, in-situ or laboratory testing
- Data driven geophysical investigation and interpretation methods
- Big data and database processing for better use of geotechnical data for geotechnical design
- Applications of imaging technologies for geotechnical design or geological data presentations
- Building Information Modeling (BIM) applied to geo-structures and underground constructions
- Virtual reality and augmented reality
- Intelligent geomaterials, geosynthetics and geosystems
- Case studies in design, constructions and maintenance
There will also be mini-symposiums or workshops related to the above topics. Proposals of special sessions or workshops may be sent to the conference chairs. 4ICITG and 5IWMTG will share opening, closing, some keynote sessions and all the other activities planned for the conferences. For the conference, only extended abstract needs to be submitted for the consideration for oral presentation. Selected papers will be invited for submissions to special issues in Acta Geotechnica and Georisk.