Erasmus+ Staff Training
Within the framework of the ERASMUS+ programme there is also the opportunity for administrative staff and those working within the scientific departments at BOKU to attend further training at a European partner university or at a company/institution (arranged by the participants). You either need to be employed as a regular member of staff at BOKU or hold a teaching position. Staff members also have the opportunity to attend an International Week organised by partner institutions. The aim of this mobility is to acquire knowledge, skills and practical experience, which are important for staff members’ current positions and professional careers. Examples of this are:
- Short-term collaborations
- Job shadowing
- Study visits
- Participation in workshops etc.
Please note: Financial support for participating in conferences cannot be provided.
The period of mobility must be for a minimum of 2 days and can be for a maximum of 2 weeks (excluding travel time).
Please use this guide to estimate the maximum support grant that you would be entitled to: Maximum Support 2018_19
Human Resources department will only refund the actual costs of participating in the programme against the receipts that they receive. Therefore you will NOT automatically receive the maximum support grant. It is also imperative that you clarify how much funding is still available with the Center for International Relations (CIR). You are not automatically entitled to funding. Please also read through the information on business trips.
Important: Due to increased demand, staff members can only complete one period of mobility per project period.
Please contact Gudrun Reisinger on time to organise funding for your travels. Funding is allocated on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
It is essential that you retain your original boarding passes (or train tickets) to be eligible for a refund!
Before your mobility
Application documents: (subject to approval by CIR before starting the mobility):
- Erasmus+ Grant Agreement with BOKU (original document)*
- Mobility Agreement for Training with the partner or receiving organisation (original or scan)
- Document granting the participant permission to travel ("Dienstreiseauftrag"), signed by the participant’s manager or head of department*
- Please print and take with your confirmation of stay, so you can be registered at your receiving institution upon arrival
* subject to approval by the Center for International Relations before starting the mobility!
Please consult the BOKU Emergency Checklist before your stay abroad and apply for the BOKU Emergency Card for your business trip in good time!
Information about data protection and the use of personal data can be found here.
After your mobility
The following documents are subject to approval by CIR after the end of the mobility:
- Business trip receipts (Please hand in page 2+3 of the Business Trip Abroad form ("Dienstreiserechnung") OR in exceptional cases the form ‘Grants for Travel Costs,’ with supporting information
- Original receipts (including boarding passes/ train tickets) attached to other business trip receipts
- Confirmation of stay (signed and stamped original), find the template here
Online report for the EU/ EU online survey – the link will be sent by email after all completed documents have been approved
Information for people with special requirements can be found here. There is the possibility of extra support.
Mag. Gudrun Reisinger MA, CIR
Peter-Jordan-Strasse 82a, 1190 Wien
Tel: ++43 1 47654-32013, Fax: ++43 1 47654-32009 or email: gudrun.reisinger(at)boku.ac.at
*This project was financed with the support of the European Commission. The editor of this publication alone accepts all responsibility for the information displayed here. The Commission will not be held responsible for further use of any information included here.