How to apply
This page is available under these URLs:
Nomination and Application
First, you have to apply at your home university for a nomination to BOKU. Please contact the International office or the International Programme Coordinator of your home university. When you are nominated you have to complete the application form of the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna. Your home coordinator has to send your BOKU application form to the Joint Study coordinator of BOKU.
Find more information in the BOKU Exchange Fact Sheet!
We seek to promote equal opportunities and access, inclusion and fairness across all our actions. We explicitly encourage students with special needs or from underrepresented groups to apply. Please find more information on facilities for students with special needs and visit the website of the Coordination office for Equal Opportunities, Diversity and Disability.
Please find further information on personal data processing according to the General Data Protection Regulation here.
- Evidence of adequate proficiency of English
(For example: Completion of a study programme that was entirely taught in English from countries with English as the official language)
- Completed application form and documents asked for:
- your academic transcript (an official list of courses you have attended so far/ original + copy in English or German translation)
- a copy of your bachelor’s degree or an equivalent amount of ECTS credit points if you want to register for a Master programme
- a copy of your diploma degree if you are a PhD student
- a copy of a German or English language certificate (it is also ok if language certificate is indicated on the transcript of records)
- a copy of your student ID card (page with your picture)
- a copy of your passport (page with your picture)
- one passport-sized photograph to
If you fulfill the requirements an admission letter will be sent to you. With this admission letter you can apply for your Visa.
Before the Start of the Semester
It is recommended that students attend Welcome Days and language course before the start of the semester (mid September or mid February). So you should arrive in the mid of September/ mid February: https://short.boku.ac.at/int-in-welcome-en.html
As there is no examination week it is recommended that students plan their stay until mid February (end of winter semester)/mid July (end of summer semester) to finish their exams. Exam dates are set individually for each course.
For the summer semester (end of February-end of June): 30. November
For the winter semester (October-January): 30. June
Please contact us for latecomers!
The application process and the process to get a visa can take several weeks. More information:
Finding your way at BOKU - after your arrival
Make sure to read all information on the Webpage "My Checklists"