This page is available under these URLs:
- Registration in a BOKU master programme at the moment of application
- Limiting age: 35 years
- Priority for applications with an endorsement letter of supervising with a connection to a university at the host country.
- The weighted grade point average must not be higher than 2.3
- For students who have not completed their bachelor studies at BOKU but at another institution: a minimum of 20 ECTS at BOKU in their master studies
- Very good language skills: English III (B2) or equivalent (Grade „Good“ requested) and respectively Spanish IV (B1) (Grade „Good“ requested) for universities in South and Middle America (except UNAM B2), Brazil knowledge of Portuguese is recommended
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The above conditions are prerequisites for a Joint Study nomination. Please note that host institutions might require additional evidence. If a TOEFL / IELTS is compulsory, proof of this can also be provided when registering at the partner university after acceptance.
- Most partner universities require the TOEFL test
- Due to new laws, Australian universities must keep proof of the type of language test (IELTS, TOEFL, ...) and the results obtained. The exam must be valid for 2 years. Further information is available on the information pages of the respective university.
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM) B2 (BOKU Sprachkurs "Spanisch Fachsprache" or language check at BOKU- IR)
English: BOKU course English III (B2) (grade "Good" desired) or 12 ECTS at BOKU or another university in English language of instruction (grade "Good" desired) or evidence through TOEFL or IELTS test. There is also the option of doing a language check at BOKU-International Relations.
Spanish: BOKU Spanish IV (B1)) (grade "good" desired), or 12 ECTS at BOKU or another university in the Spanish language of instruction (grade "good" desired) or proof by TOEFL or IELTS test. There is also the option of doing a language check at BOKU-International Relations.
Please upload individual certificates of the courses you would like to use as proof for your language skills for the Joint Study application. Collective certificates (Sammelzeugnisse) are not accepted as proof of the 12 ECTS!
Universidad de Chile: requires proof of language proficiency in Spanish B1
Even if all the requirements are fulfilled, there is no legal claim for a study place or a scholarship.