APPLY NOW: PACT Summer School 2017
PACT Summer School 2017
"Primary Cells for Tissue Engineering"
10-14 July 2017 in Vienna The program will include class lectures and hands on courses in the lab targeting different raw materials like the amniotic membrane, adipose tissue, cartilage and umbilical cord for conversion or reprogramming into and/or propagation of valuable cellular material. We will accumulate information about the isolation of such material, the demands and challenges of propagation and finally the analytical evaluation of the proliferated cells. There will also be plenty of time for fruitful discussions with the lecturers and participants and several social events for networking. Topics:
- Human Amniotic membrane (Asmita Banerjee and Adelheid Weidinger, LBI Trauma, Vienna, Austria)
- Cartilage biology, defect treatment and research methods (Sylvia Nürnberger, LBI Trauma & Medical University Vienna, Austria)
- Stem cells from human adipose tissue (Susanne Wolbank, LBI Trauma, Vienna, Austria, and Eleni Priglinger, Red Cross Upper Austria, Linz, Austria)
- Human endothelial cells (Wolfgang Holnthoner, LBI Trauma, Vienna, Austria, Christoph Kaun, Medical University Vienna, Austria)
- Muscle cells and engineering (Philipp Heher, LBI Trauma/Trauma Care Consult GmbH, Vienna, Austria)
School credits: 2 ECTS, BOKUonline course number: 791021
Please note: If you intend to receive an official report for this course, you have to co-registrate at the BOKU.
For application and further information, please go to: www.pact.ac.at