My Stay Abroad
This page is available under these URLs:
The most important steps that you need to complete before, during and after your stay abroad are listed in detail in Mobility Online. Every applicant has his/her own workflow with further information in Mobility Online. In addition, further steps may be necessary, such as the OLS language assessments, etc.
Students can apply for an Erasmus+ traineeship throughout the year. The complete application (including all documents and signatures) has to be available in Mobility Online at least two months (8 weeks) before departure (for traineeships of recent graduates: application has to be completed at least two months before graduation from BOKU). Period of the traineeship:
- Academic year 2018/19: 2 - 12 months, between 01.06.2018 and 30.09.2019
- Academic year 2019/20: 2 - 12 months, between 01.06.2019 and 30.09.2020
1. Complete your application (including all documents) in Mobility Online in time.
2. The Center for International Relations at BOKU (ZIB) will check your application and nominate you for an Erasmus+ traineeship in the database Students Online by the Austrian Exchange Service (OeAD).
3. Students Online is the database OeAD uses for administering Erasmus+ grants. Shortly before your traineeships starts you need to download your Erasmus+ contract from Students Online and send two signed hardcopies to OeAD by regular mail.
4. You will then receive 80% of your grant from OeAD (transferred to your Austrian bank account).
Students whose main working language is not their mother tongue have to complete the OLS language assessment (first assessment) before the beginning of their stay abroad. OLS stands for "Online Linguistic Support". You will get an email with the link to this online assessment. If the result of your assessment is poor, you may take an online language course (optional). Towards the end of your stay abroad you will have to do a second OLS language assessment in your main working language. Both assessments are mandatory, the online language course (if applicable), on the other hand, is optional.
Tuition fees during your stay abroad:
In case you have to pay a tuition fees at BOKU, you can ask for a tuition fee waiver at the Study Services office for the time of your Erasmus+ traineeship if your traineeship will take place during regular semester times (Exception: internships of recent graduates).
Please make sure you are covered by international insurance throughout your time abroad (health, accident and liability insurance). For more information, please contact ÖH, your social security carrier (e.g. to see if you have/are eligible for the European Health Insurance Card) or your host institution.
During your traineeship
If you need to change your Learning Agreement for Traineeships or extend your traineeship, please do the coresponding steps in Mobility Online.
Shortly before the end of your internship, you have do to the second OLS language assessment online. You will get all information by e-mail on time.
If you finish your traineeship before the planned end date (e.g. due to problems with your employer or due to poor health) you will most likely have to pay back all of your Erasmus money. It is extremely important that you contact the responsible person at the Center for International Relations at BOKU (ZIB) and OeAD before terminating your traineeship prematurely and ask about your options.
Prepare the following documents:
- Fill ou the EU Online survey (link will be sent by email)
- Confirmation of Stay: print it out from Mobility Online and have it signed by your host institution, then send the original hardcopy to OeAD by regular mail, upload a scan to Mobility Online, and submit a copy to the Study Services office (Studienservices) (internships of recent graduates: submission of confirmation of stay to Study Services office is not necessary); OeAD will transfer the rest of your Erasmus grant.
- Traineeship Certificate: print it out from Mobility Online, have it signed by your host institution, and upload a scan to Mobility Online.
- Report of your Erasmus+ experience: you will get the template by email
Be aware that you will be asked to present and talk about your Erasmus+ experience at some events at BOKU by the Center for International Relations (ZIB), e.g. during the International Days. Your colleagues are happy if you share your tips and motivate them to do an experience abroad.
*The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.