How to apply
There is no special admission procedure for NARMEE, please check the general BOKU admission regulations!
According to the cooperation agreement between LU and BOKU non- EU/EEA/CH citizens have to apply at LU/New Zealand or CULS/Czech Republic.
- Bachelor in Natural Sciences
If you are a graduate of one of the Bachelor degree programmes at the University for Natural Resources and Life sciences, Vienna (BOKU), please check the information on the internal admission (in German only).
For graduates of other bachelor ́s programmes, mastery of the following learning outcomes with a minimum amount of ECTS as indicated below is required for admission:
|Comprehend and apply fundamentals of mathematics and statistics
|Know and comprehend fundamentals of physics
|Know and comprehend fundamentals of chemistry
|Know and comprehend fundamentals of geology, geomorphology and soil science
|Know and comprehend fundamentals of hydraulics, water and waste management
|Know and comprehend fundamentals of meteorology and climatology
|Know and comprehend fundamentals of the biology of plants and animals
|Know and comprehend fundamentals of microbiology
|Know and comprehend general principles of ecology and biogeochemical cycles
|Know and comprehend fundamentals of macro-economy and micro-economy
|Know and comprehend the general principles of la wand policy
|Know the principles of GIS and remote sensing and apply GIS at least to simple problems
The final decision, if the candidate fulfills the requirements, is taken by the programme coordinator. If you have checked the list above and you are still not sure if your pre-studies are sufficient, please send an e-mail to the programme coordinator (including your CV, a short description of your study programme, your transcript of records).
For all other questions, please contact Ulrike Piringer: narmee(at)boku.ac.at.
Applicants can be admitted to the programme with additional requirements. That means that they additionally have to take specific exams out of bachelor programmes to require necessary pre-knowledge (up to 30 ECTS).
Students who are admitted from winter semester 2022/23 onwards have to complete these supplementary examinations by the end of the second semester of the Master's degree programme.
- English language requirements for admission to an English Master programme at BOKU:
Knowledge of English at level B2/C1 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) is required and has to be verified through the positive completion of one of the following exams:
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English
- IELTS-Test results of 6.0 or better
- TOEFL (paper based 577 or computer-based 233 or 90-91 internet based)
- TOEIC (at least 785 points)
- Completion of a study programme that was entirely taught in English from countries with English as the official language
- Successfully passed school-leaving examination in English from a recognized domestic or foreign educational institution, provided that the country of issue's educational regulations offer level B2. If the school leaving certificate does not confirm level B2 of the European frame of reference, a confirmation from the appropriate ministry must be submitted.