My courses -Individual Course Plan (ICP)
Diese Seite ist erreichbar unter:
To get more information on the individual courses and to register for courses and exams, please use BOKUonline.
The Individual Course Plan (ICP) is a list of the courses that a student attends within the study programme. It helps you to keep track of the exams that you have already taken and the courses you still have to attend. The document has to be signed by the student, the administrative coordinator and at the end of the studies also by the academic programme coordinator. It is needed for the exchange and the graduation at BOKU.
The form of the individual course plan (ICP) is an excel sheet, listing all possible courses within NARMEE.
Curriculum 2020/21 (= currently valid version of the curriculum)
Please find here an example to show how the final version of your ICP could look like:
Individual course plan BOKU+CULS 2020/21 - EXAMPLE
How do I fill in the Individual Course Plan (for the exchange and the graduation)?
1. Complete the excel file:
- Please be aware that the master's pogramme consists of 120 ECTS. BOKU students are allowed to take extra courses, but they will NOT be shown in the ICP nor in the graduation documents (just in the transcript of records).
- Delete the courses that you do not want to take - please read the instructions written in red in the excel sheet carefully! You do not have to take all courses in the order they are listed - we do not check when you have taken an exam.
- Add the courses under the Elective Field of Concentration (min. 10 ECTS)
The free electives may be selected from all courses offered by all recognized universities in Austria and abroad. As the subjects need to be thesis-related, they need to be confirmed by the the NARMEE programme coordinator before the ICP is signed. Students are recommended to select a course related to Research and scientific writing skills (see currently valid curriculum, Annex B).
It is okay to have 1 or 2 ECTS more in this section, as long as you can not delete a course without falling under 10 ECTS.
- Add the courses that you want to take at the partner university (30 ECTS) in the section at the end of the excel sheet.
More information on LU courses
More information on CULS courses
- Delete all lines with with text written in red at the end (all instructions, whole lines!)
2. Get your courses confirmed
Please send an e-mail to the programme coordinator including
- your specialisation
- your courses at the partner university (list course number, title and ECTS directly in the e-mail)
- the free electives (list course number, title and ECTS directly in the e-mail) and
- the thesis title, the name of the supervisor and a thesis outline (1 page background, research questions/hypotheses, methods, expected results). The programme coordinator will then help you to find a co-supervisor at the partner university. If you already have a co-supervisor there, please add his/her name to the e-mail as well.
(all information in ONE e-mail)
-> Forward the e-mail confirmation by the programme coordinator (free electives, courses at the partner university) to ulrike.piringer(at)boku.ac.at BEFORE you submit the ICP.
CULS courses additionally need to be confirmed by the administrative coordinators Lenka Got‘ková (gotkova(at)af.czu.cz) or Marie Kafkova (kafkova(at)af.czu.cz) before the ICP is signed. Please forward her e-mail confirmation to ulrike.piringer(at)boku.ac.at as well.
3. Get your ICP signed
Send the excel-file to the administrative NARMEE coordinator: ulrike.piringer(at)boku.ac.at by e-mail (just as a backup).
Additionally print the file and bring it to BOKU-International Relations during the consulting hours (Mo-Fr 10.00-12.00 + We 14.00-16.00). Exceptions see: http://www.boku.ac.at/piringerulrike.html
The document will be checked together during the consulting hours.
- If you go to Lincoln University, you need this Individual Course Plan, checked by the administrative coordinator, for your application for the exchange semester! So please make sure to send it one month before the application deadline for the exchange semester/year at the latest.
- If you go to CULS, the ICP needs to be signed at the end of the semester before your exchange.
One semester before your graduation, please check the ICP once again and change it, if necessary. For the graduation the ICP needs to be signed by the programme coordinator as well, but only AFTER the administrative NARMEE coordinator has checked/signed it.
Old versions of the Individual Course Plan (only for students who started BEFORE winter semester 2020/21):
Individual course plan BOKU+LU (curriculum 18U, 2018/19) (xls)
Individual course plan BOKU+CULS (curriculum 18U, 2018/19) (xls)
Individual course plan BOKU+LU (curriculum 17U, 2017/18) (xls)
Individual course plan BOKU+CULS (curriculum 17U, 2017/18) (xls)
Individual course plan BOKU+LU (curriculum 16U, 2016/17) (xls)
Individual course plan BOKU+CULS (curriculum 16U, 2016/17) (xls)
Individual course plan BOKU+LU (curriculum 15U, 2015/16) (xls)
Individual course plan BOKU+CULS (curriculum 15U, 2015/16) (xls)