Students have to follow the general BOKU examination regulations:
To complete the EnvEuro programme, you have to have passed all required courses and received a positive grade in the Master's thesis and defence examination.
In order to apply for the defence, your transcript of records has to show positive grades for all the courses of your Individual Course Plan and your Master's thesis must be finished and evaluated.
Please also check the following documents that can be downloaded from the EnvEuro website
- Master Thesis Guide (PDF)
- Graduation Guide (PDF)
- Supervisor and Co-Supervisor Guidelines (PDF)
- List of Former Supervisors and Theses Titles (PDF)
- Thesis Defense Form and Guidelines (PDF)
Master's thesis written and defended at BOKU
Steps towards graduation:
- You have to register your Master's thesis when you start working on it. Please also make sure that you send the "Guidelines for EnvEuro Thesis Supervisor and Co-Supervisor" that can be downloaded from the EnvEuro website to your supervisor and co-supervisor.
- A semester before graduating:
Enter all courses done at the partner university (not BOKU) in your BOKUonline account (one data sheet per course) (info-guide accreditation/recognition).
- A semester before graduating (AFTER completing step 2):
Have your Individual Course Plan and your Transcript of Records from the home university (with signature and stamp, including ALL exam dates) checked at ZIB (administrative coordinator) and submit both documents at the Study services (Gregor-Mendel-Straße 33, 1180 Wien, studienservices(at)boku.ac.at). For the pre-check at the study services it is sufficient to submit copies by e-mail, but please be aware that you have to submit the originals at latest with the other required documents for graduation 3 weeks + 1 day before your defensio.
- At latest 3 weeks +1 day before your defensio:
Submit your Master's thesis and the required documents for graduating at the Study services (Gregor-Mendel-Straße 33, 1180 Wien)
- Please check the list of documents in paragraph "1. For a defensio" on the website "Graduation from international Master's degree programmes"
- Additional information: The co-supervisor can either use the the BOKU form "Assessment form for Master’s thesis" OR the Enveuro Thesis evaluation form OR he/she can also issue an official letter, signed and stamped, including a short statement about the thesis and a grade (copy sent by e-mail sufficient) or use the Enveuro thesis evaluation form.
- According to the "guidelines for the defensio" the student coordinates a date for the defence with two university teachers with venia docendi (="habilitiert") - that means professors, associated professors and Priv.Doc (but NOT assistant professors) - one of them being the main thesis supervisor. The chair for the defensio will be appointed by the Study services and has to be a member of a different department than the thesis supervisor. Students may suggest a chair. The defence (45 minutes) consists of a presentation (20 minutes) and a scientific discussion. Further details can be found in the guidelines.
- Specific regulation for Enveuro students: The co-supervisor from the home university has to take part in the defense via video-conference additionally (NOT as 2nd examiner).
- Students are asked to arrange the date and place of the defensio with the supervisor, the co-supervisor and the 2nd examiner (and if suggested also the chair - see above) in advance. As a rule, the defensio takes place in BOKU's video-conference room (Faculty Club in Schwackhöferhaus). Please check the availability of this room in BOKUonline (Search -> rooms -> enter Faculty Club -> go to calendar). To make a room reservation and to ask for technical support for the video-conference, please send an e-mail to email@example.com (cc videokonferenz(at)boku.ac.at). When you submit the required documents for graduating, inform the study services about the planned date/place.
- Register for the graduation ceremony at BOKU (not compulsory).
- Good luck with your defensio!
- Pick up your EnvEuro graduation documents at the Study services.
The Study services will send you an e-mail as soon as your graduation documents are ready (1-4 weeks after the defence). You need your BOKUcard or an official photographic ID and the confirmation of the UStat2 questionnaire (Info-Guide UStat - Info-Guide Substitute Code) to pick them up.
- Apply for the graduation documents on your home university.
Please inform at your home university about the graduation procedure there. Do not forget to submit your BOKU transcript of records and your BOKU Individual Course Plan (signed and approved) to the partner university on time!
- Send the pdf of your thesis to the Enveuro Secretariat (enveuro(at)science.ku.dk)
Please note: Students who follow the curriculm 2014 (14U) and earlier have to take a Master's examination (including defense:
Please check the list of documents in paragraph "2. For an assessed Master's examination" on the website "Graduation from international Master's degree programmes"]
Master's thesis written and defended at the partner university
Note: You do not have to register your thesis at BOKU!
Graduation at partner university:
Please inform yourself at the host university about the graduation procedure there.
You are required to havethe following documents checked at the host university at latest 3 months before you submit the Master's thesis there:
- the final version of your signed BOKU Individual Course Plan
- your transcript of records from BOKU (to be picked up at the Study services)
Graduation at BOKU:
To graduate at BOKU you have to submit the following documents to the administrative coordinator at ZIB, who will forward them to the Study services) no later than 1 year after your defense:
- Form “Request for issuing of graduation documents for Master's degree”
- Admission certificate (BOKU)
- Last version of Individual Course Plan
- Graduation documents (master certificate) of the university, where the defence has taken place (important: date of the defence/final exam)
- Transcript of Records Host University (with signature and stamp, including all exam dates + master's thesis)
- Assessment of the thesis by co-supervisor (BOKU) (= official letter, signed and stamped, including a short statement about the thesis and a grade – copy sent by e-mail sufficient)
- Clearance of your library account (info-guide library clearance) - not necessary, if you are physically not in Vienna
- Transcript of Records from all other attended universities during your master programme (not BOKU)
- UStat questionnaire (Info-Guide UStat - Info-Guide Substitute Code)
The documents have to be submitted as originals or certified copies.
Please also make sure to submit the permalink of your thesis from the host university's library to your co-supervisor at BOKU OR (if you do not have a permalink) a hard copy of your thesis to the BOKU library. Only then, can your co-supervisor at BOKU enter the co-supervision in BOKU's research database (FIS) to have his thesis co-supervision acknowledged.