Overview for New Students
During your study, BOKUonline will be your constant companion. This ranges from creating your account on Day One all the way to handing in your thesis at the end. In between you will register for numerous courses and exams using BOKUonline. It will also lead you to your lectures and show your exam results.
E-Mail System for BOKU Students
Yes, of course - you have your own email account at BOKU. Your email address ends with ...@students.boku.ac.at. Be aware of the fact that you will receive all your official messages at this email address - and do not miss these. To ensure you do not, use the mailing system for students or set up a forwarding via BOKUonline.
BOKU learn (also known as "Moodle")
Some (not all!) instructors use this e-learning platform in order to provide you with course material, texts, pictures, videos, forums, tests, online submission for homework tasks, etc.
- BOKU learn: https://learn.boku.ac.at
Video conferencing with Zoom
Some courses are held online via Zoom. You can find detailed instructions on the following page:
- Video conferencing with Zoom
PC Rooms, WLAN, Printing
You can access these essential services using your own computer and BOKU WLAN (eduroam) or you can simply use the public PC rooms.
Equipment is, of course, also provided for you to print your texts and scan lecture notes.
You have 20 GB of space on your home folder, which you can conveniently access in the PC rooms as drive M: and from anywhere else via a web browser:
Regardless, you have another 20GB of space on BOKUdrive:
Who Do I Turn To?
- For questions related to your entire university period, such as registration, tuition fees, etc., please turn to the Study Services:
- The valid period of your BOKU account is automatically linked with your valid registration for the continuation of your studies.
- For questions related to specific lectures, registration, and deregistration form courses, exam dates, for grading etc., please turn to the respective institute, that is the respective institute secretary or the teacher.
- For questions related to your account, the mailing system for students, technical questions related to BOKUonline etc., please turn to the BOKU-IT Hotline: